Monday 9 April 2012

Easter PT 1: Holy Thursday

A lot went on this weekend so I decided to break it up into a few parts. (Mainly for the amount of pictures)

So the Mrs and I are together four years on Easter Sunday and she asked my what I wanted as a present. As I am all about the cigars at the moment I asked her for the EL 2011 Cohiba 1966. I have read a lot about this cigar and when I saw it in the shop I never had the nerve to spend over €40 on a cigar I will not smoke for a good while. I knew she would get me the cigar and knowing the Mrs probably throw in a second that I could enjoy over the weekend. Nothing could have prepared me for what I received on Thursday.

She rang me on her way back from Dundrum and asked if I wanted to meet her for some Lunch. So I got myself ready and headed up Grafton St towards the Stephen Green shopping Center. I met her and we decided to go to Cafe Mao for a bite to eat. I noticed she was a little giddy and was trying her best to conceal the big blatant white bag she was holding onto.

Once in Mao she told me that she had bought my present but I would have to wait until Sunday to receive it. Less than sixty seconds later, I had convinced her to let me have it early. So as she passed the bag across I knew it was more than one or two cigars. What what inside blew me away.

1 x Humidor
1 x Punch Churchill
1 x Trinidad Fundadores
1 x Trinidad Robusto Extra
1 x Cuaba Piramides LE 2008
1 x Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No.1
1 x Montecristo Edmundo
1 x Partagas D Series No.4
1 x Montecristo Petit Edmundo
1 x Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robusto
1 x Trinidad Reyes
1 x Romeo y Julieta Short Churchill

and.................................

1 x EL 2011 Cohiba 1966

I didn't know what to say. I could barely eat my Nasi Goreng I was that gobsmacked. Bare in mind I had not even bought an Anniversary card at this stage!!

A big thank you is deserved for Guy and his staff in the Decent Cigar Emporium for helping the Mrs and making her feel at ease. It said it before and I will again. It is truly the best place in Dublin to buy a quality cigar and not feel undermined or under pressure. The staff take pleasure in setting you on the right track and are always eager to help. (God knows I have them tormented)

We walked around the shops for a bit after lunch but I was itching to get home to place my cigars in my humidor and to start seasoning my new humidor. I wanted to look at my new stogies and research them, pick which ones to smoke first and which to keep for a special occasion. I had to do all of this and still be in work for 5pm. The Mrs folded and we went home.

Work was busy that night and with nowhere else to go after midnight the customers took their time leaving. Time that I was precious to me that night as I wanted to get home to check on my new presents and off course my fantastic Mrs who bought them for me!!!


My New Humidor

Inside

My New Cigars

RjY Short Churchill Tubos
EL 2011 Cohiba 1966

No comments:

Post a Comment