Thursday 19 April 2012

Cigar Choices

After all the furor of last week, I am happy to report that this week was totally nondescript.

I finished of the weekend in work without any drama (always good) and a short sleep later a new week started in the Studio. I am building an online presence for two company's so I spent a lot of time on Facebook and Twitter. Not a bad way to spend a weeks work.

So, as I said, pretty uneventful week (so far). I did manage to sneak in two cigars this week and a third tonight. The first was a Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto.

The second I had last night, a Partagas Series D No.4. For some reason I kept looking at this in my humidor and always put off smoking it. I was slightly afraid of it if the truth be told. I had heard / read that it was a powerful cigar and not for the novice. Long story short (too late for that) I smoked it, I loved it. Its up there with the Monte Petit Robusto, P2 and Monte No.2 as my favorites. Maybe I not so much of a novice anymore!!

As I type I see a trend emerging, I am trying to keep my smoking diverse and want to try all that I can however I keep falling back on the Monte's. I am also growing a fondness for the Partagas even though I didn't like the Presidente I smoked. Maybe I smoked it too soon into my cigar journey.

I have held off on the Cohiba's because of this very reason. I have had a few in my time but I was wet behind the ears and only pretended to enjoy them. I have a few in the humidor including the Behike 52 and the 1966 but I cant bring myself to smoke them. If I smoke them I wont have them anymore. Does this make sense?

Anyway, If you have any suggestions for me to try, please let me know. I am off now to have a Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1. Second Hoyo in a week. Please, I need suggestions!!

HDM Petit Robusto

Partagas D4

HDM Epicure No.1

No comments:

Post a Comment