Sunday 25 March 2012

St Patrick's Day (on the door)

So its been a while since my last post. Two Weeks I would say!! A lot has gone on so I might break it up into separate posts.

I will start with St. Patrick's Day / weekend / week!! I am really not sure anymore how long the celebrations goes on for but what I did know is that it fell on a Saturday this year. It was going to be fun.

Now when people talk about Paddy's day fun they usually are referring to the drink, craic, singing and dancing. Unfortunately I am referring to the opposite end. The falling, sleeping, crying, vomiting and the fighting. Its the price I pay for the job I do I suppose. Luckily enough the establishment where I work is a well run bar and there is lot of what I first described and very little of the latter.

Actually if the truth be told, I really enjoyed working this Paddy's day. The crowd were lovely, friendly and enjoying the day. The weather was nice, not glorious but the rain held off. These combining factors put myself and Diamond Dave in the spirit of the day and we entertained the smokers while they were at the front door. So much so, the word got out, and people who didn't even smoke where out to the door to enjoy our terrible dancing and even worse jokes and sketches.

We worked from 12 noon until 0230 the following morning without any hassle and we thoroughly enjoyed our pints after work. I drew the short straw and had to work the Sunday. Spirits were still high but my enthusiasm was running on empty. I was a very long 8 hr Shift. All that got me through was the thought of the Bank Holiday Monday but that's a story for the next post.

Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment