Tuesday 3 July 2012

A Quick Update

Its been two weeks since my last real update (reviews don't count) and I sit here smoking an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Work of Art. The draw is very tight and there is no give in the body of the cigar, extremely hard. What is harder though is remembering what I got up to over the last 14 days!!

I just clipped another few mills of the cap and now the draw is a lot better. Now for the memory!!

(Memories may not be in the correct order!!)

So when I last left off I was looking forward to a online seminar I was due to take part in. I was sent a custom made "5 Wrapper" cigar to smoke while watching the event. Hosted by Buttheads , Jose Blanco from Joya de Nicaragua Cigars gave a very educational talk on the effect a wrapper has on the blend. As he talked, I watched and I smoked. I was amazed as we went from one wrapper to another the change in flavours I experienced. The seminar was fun, enjoyable and also very educational. I would like to thank Kevin at Buttheads for sending me the cigar and inviting me to take part.

From the highs of the seminar, I awoke the next day with a weekend of work ahead of me. There was only one thing thing to do. Go in and get on with it!! I had a healthy distraction over the weekend though. I started a Twitter campaign to get @Cigar_G to 400 followers. G is a BOTL hailing from Canada. He knows his stuff when it comes to Cigars and the man has a sense of humour to boot. We hit our target around 6am GMT and G was kind enough to offer to send me some cigars.

I awoke tired on Saturday but happy we had reached our goal. My Saturday got better when I received a Tweet saying I had won a sampler pack from Roxor Cigars. Two packs of Free cigars coming my way!! If anyone reading this feels like being generous I will never refuse to try something new (or anything else)!!

Sunday, I relaxed, ordered Thai food and watched England lose to Italy in the Euros. That night I smoked the Montecristo Grand Edmundo EL 2010. Amazing Cigar. So good I posted a review.

Monday came with equal amounts of fear and excitement. I was dusting off my football boots and coming out of retirement. I was joining a new football team and thought the intensity wouldn't be high. Boy was I wrong. 2hr session that evening and my lungs were heaving and my legs barely working.

The next day my legs were not as bad as I feared the would be. They were working at least. I had a full day of meetings around town in relation to my blog, social media and other things cigar related. There were some very exciting proposals put forward and the following few months are looking to be a very exciting time.

I am very vague on the Cigars I smoked in the past two weeks but I do remember smoking a Primo De Cuba Rothschild on Wednesday.The longer these non-Cubans sit in my humidor the better they are getting

Thursday saw a return to the door. The weekend went without a bother until late Saturday night.

 >Doorman Rant<
I, along with Hollywood, are very easy going, pleasant doormen. We treat customers with respect and when needs be are firm but very fair. My place of work attracts a mature, nice, well to do crowd, along with a varied mix of tourists. We do not refuse entry to potential customers without a valid reason.
Sometimes, however, a type of person approaches that will never get into our bar. Saturday night a group of those people approached me, were subsequently refused entry, and proceeded to verbally abused me venomously for a good twenty minutes. All they achieved was proving that my initial judgment of them was correct.

Sometimes its a hard job

>Rant Over<

Sunday couldn't come quick enough. The Mrs and I strolled up to the Decent Cigar Emporium where I bought a few cigars. We left there and went to The Counter for a bite to eat before meeting my Aunt and cousins for a quick drink before they hit the Hills of Donegal and Bristol, England respectively. A short but pleasant catch up ended all too soon when everyone had to go their separate ways. I went home and had my first Ramon Allones Specially Selected. My friend over at Cigar Stories swears by them and he didnt put me wrong. Delicious!!

Monday brought that fear again. Football training and I though the first session was tough!! Afterwards I had to immerse my self in a freezing cold bath for twenty minutes followed by an alternating Hot/Cold shower, after which I massages a load of "Deep Freeze" into my legs.

Luckily it worked. When I woke up today my legs were not half as bad as I dreaded. A few hours in Lispopple Studios followed by a bit of shopping and I was home again.

Now with you all updated and Cigar almost finished (very nice by the way) I am going to sign off. Football again tomorrow night, No pain, no gain and all of that. I have to be fit for the first game of the season in September.

Until next time, Keep 'em Lit and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and LIKE my page on Facebook

Custom Made 5 Wrapper Cigar

Monte Grand Edmundo EL 2010
Primo de Cuba Rothschild

Forgot I smoked this - La Riqueza No.4

RASS


My Saviour - Legs recovered in a few hours


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering
    which blog platform are you using for this site? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    Here is my site - how to get twitter followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Blogger.com Try it out and let me know how you get on

    ReplyDelete